When was the last time you dealt with cheating in an online match?

Cheating in competitive gaming has been happening for quite some time. One of the objectives of Kronoverse is to increase the integrity in online gaming by using the transparency that comes with blockchain gaming. Esports, in its current state, experiences cheating on the highest levels of play. Here’s an infographic that shares three of the most well-known cheating incidents in the last couple of years:

Do you recall any of these events? Have you dealt with cheaters in the past? What did you do about it?

1 Like

I haven’t really been a part of any event etc where online cheating occured. I watched a few YouTube vids of times people were caught cheating or using exploits. It seems to happen quite a bit with speed runs. I also recall some contraversy even still ongoing about old arcade high scores, I think it was donkey Kong. It’s pretty heavy when this type of thing happens.

2 Likes

Popular games such as Dota 2 and CSGO have been struggling with cheaters since their creation. In Dota 2 there are some scripts that allow to perform several actions in miliseconds and also the problem with unobstructed map vision. In CSGO the biggest problems are wallhacking and aimbotting. I believe the most famous cheater incident in CSGO was the KQLY one. I’ve played against cheaters many times and the option we have is to report them and hope for their ban.

2 Likes

One of the major objectives with blockchain gaming is to be able to easily review every match ever played. This ability to replay each move should improve the integrity of online gaming. Thanks for sharing your insight!

1 Like

It’s interesting to see how cheating has been happening for decades.

1 Like

Last time I dealt with cheating in an online match was in minecraft bed wars. I honestly think that that cheating in minecraft of all games is the most silly thing.

3 Likes

Welcome to the Kronoverse community! Agreed. Cheating in minecraft sounds really silly. What was the player doing to cheat in minecraft?